The Laboratory and NEQS Directorate comprises of :
- Lab/NEQS section
- Research & Investigation (R & I) section
1. Lab/NEQS section:
- Lab/NEQS section develop and implementation on National Environmental Quality Standard (NEQS).
- Analyze industrial and municipal effluent samples, report results and maintain records.
- Set procedures for sampling, transportation, storage and testing of samples.
- Monitoring of industrial sites/ware houses making site inspection report (4 SIR) reports.
- Determination of Water Quality status of Rawal Dam, Simli Dam and all Filtration plant located in Islamabad.
- Issue an Environmental Laboratories Certificate to different laborites located in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) under Environmental Laboratories Regulation, 2000.
- lnspection/Monitoring of complaints regarding the environmental issues.
- Facilitate and assist technically to the research students of different universities as a supervisor in research.
2. Research & Investigation (R&I) Section
- R&l Section deal with the Environment Complaints and send it to the competent authority ~i e (CDA I- CT and also provincial EPA) for remedial measures.
- R&l section deal all National Assembly Question related to Environmental issues to the best satisfaction of the parliamentarians.
- Carry out research in different environmental field and provide technical support to enforcement / monitoring sections.
4. Public Notice for Compliance with Hospital Waste Management Rules 2005
5. Waste Management Proforma for Hospitals