Pakistan Environmental Protection Agency has established Cental Laboratroy for Environmental Analysis & Networking (CLEAN) with state of art monitoring facilities and equipments where all parameters of National Environmental Quality Standards are being studied in different environmental fields;
The equipment facilities available for testing and research in the field of air, water, soil, muncipal and liquid industrial efluents in CLEAN laboratory.
The Laboratory and NEQS Directorate comprises of :
- Lab/NEQS Section
- Research & Investigation (R & I) Section
1. Lab/NEQS Section:
- Develop and Implement National Environmental Quality Standard (NEQS).
- Collect samples of drinking water, industrial & muncipal effluents and analyze samples, report results and maintain records.
- Set procedures for sampling, transportation, storage and testing of samples.
- Monitoring of industrial sites/warehouses and making site inspection reports (SIRs).
- Water quality testing of reservoirs and filtration plant located in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT).
- Issuance of Environmental Laboratory Certificate to different laboratories located in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) under Environmental Laboratories Regulation, 2000.
- lnspection/Monitoring of complaints regarding environmental issues.
- Facilitate and assist research students of different universities as a supervisor in the field of Environmental Sciences.
2. Research & Investigation (R&I) Section:
- Carry out research in different enviornmental fields and provide technical support to enforcement / monitoring sections.
- Coordinate external research program with other agencies and universities and encourage / assist students in carrying out research for academic purposes.
- Make programs for educating general public to follow good environmental health practices.
- Coordinate with federal and provincial agencies in identification and development of project proposals.
- Coordinate with planning and development Division in project reviews with the approval of federal government seek for foreign assistance, as and when required.
- Develop in consultation with other concerned sectors work plans for EPA.
- Draft environmental policies and plans and those identified by the national coordination committee.
- Propose and implement mass awareness schemes, suggest environmental material for curriculum and syllabi.