A Green Library and Documentation Center was established in 1999. The Library has a good collection of books, international journals, magazines and other related materials on the subject of environment. Internet facilities at library data base are also available to assist users. A separate section of CD’s and Videos provides help on different topics on environment. More than 2900 reports, 4000 books, 4400 PC-1, and EIA/IEE are also available for readers.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The main objective of the “Green Library” is to provide technical support to the staff of the Pak. EPA so that they may perform their statutory functions thoroughly, systematically and efficiently. The purpose of the Green Library are :
- To support the research program of the Pak. EPA by making available the latest environmental literature.
- To fulfill the information need of the Central Laboratory of Pak EPA.
- To collect the latest books/Journals on environment.
- To make the Pak EPA library accessible to the Provincial Environmental Protection Agencies and other institutions working in the field of environment.
- To work as a focal point on environmental information at federal level and to develop an efficient information network within the country.
- To act as an Information Network for South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
- To support the students of environmental sciences